Ben's successful alpine ski racing career included representing New Zealand at the 2010 Winter Olympics and multiple World Championship events. As a student-athlete, Ben studied through Massey University and AUT, graduating in 2014.
Bachelor of Health Science in Sport & Exercise
Post-Graduate Certificate in Sport & Exercise
CSCF – Development Level Trained
NZSIA Level 2
CSIA Level 1 + Snow Park Certification
Ben's passions still lie deeply in skiing but now on the other side as coach and conditioning trainer, finding reward in helping others to realise their athletic potential, gain competitive advantage or return from injury to function and sport.
In addition to return-to-sport (RTS) programming, APQ Strength & Conditioning programs also promote the physical literacy and long-term athletic progression of youth development athletes, whilst annual periodised programs enhance the performance of some of New Zealand's elite athletes.
Aside from skiing, he's also active in mountain running, ski touring, rock climbing and mountain biking, pursuing performance in each activity through understanding the combination of physical and mental challenges that each demand.
A few of the notable athletes Ben has worked with:
- Hugo Inglis, Black Sticks Men's Hockey - 239 caps
- George Brannigan, DH MTB, World Cup racer, NZ champion 2022
- Alice Robinson, Alpine Ski Racing, Multiple FIS World Cup winner, 2019 Junior World Champion.
- Ruby Andrews, Freeski Junior World Champion 2022
- Tuhoto Ariki Pene, DH MTB, World Cup racer
- Jess Blewitt, DH MTB, World Cup racer
- Ed Masters, EWS and DH rider.
- Willis Feasey, Alpine Ski Racing, Winter Olympian 2018
- Ben Campbell, Golf, 2017 NZPGA Champion
- Pieter Bulling, Track Cycling, Olympian, 2015 Team Pursuit World Champion
- Weston Hill, Mountain Running, NZ Champion and multiple course record holder.