Ben's successful alpine ski racing career included representing New Zealand at the 2010 Winter Olympics and multiple World Championship events. As a student-athlete, Ben studied through Massey University and AUT, graduating in 2014.
Bachelor of Health Science in Sport & Exercise
Post-Graduate Certificate in Sport & Exercise
CSCF – Development Level Trained
NZSIA Level 2
CSIA Level 1 + Snow Park Certification
Ben's passions still lie deeply in skiing but now on the other side as coach and conditioning trainer, finding reward in helping others to realise their athletic potential, gain competitive advantage or return from injury to function and sport.
In addition to return-to-sport (RTS) programming, APQ Strength & Conditioning programs also promote the physical literacy and long-term athletic progression of youth development athletes, whilst annual periodised programs enhance the performance of some of New Zealand's elite athletes.
Aside from skiing, he's also active in mountain running, ski touring, rock climbing, mountain biking and basketball, pursuing performance in each activity through understanding the combination of physical and mental challenges that each demand.
Notable athletes Ben has worked with:
- Alice Robinson, Alpine Ski Racing, Multiple FIS World Cup winner, 2019 Junior World Champion.
- Willis Feasey, Alpine Ski Racing, Winter Olympian 2018
- Adam Barwood, Alpine Ski Racing, Winter Olympian 2018
- Ben Campbell, Golf, 2017 NZPGA Champion (Surgical Rehab)
- Pieter Bulling, Track Cycling, Olympian, 2015 Team Pursuit World Champion (Surgical Rehab)
- Nancy Jiang, Mountain Running, Winner Motatapu Ultra and Shotover Moonlight Ultra (Rehab)
- Kate Fluker, Mountain Biking, Former World Cup XCO rider, Multiple Stage Racing winner (Pioneer 2018, Trans Rockies 2019).